If you want offer spray tanning in your salon’s services, you must get a spray tanning booth to jumpstart this service. Read on and be guided when shopping for spray tanning booths for sale starting from types, prices, and brands.
Buying Spray Tanning Booths
There are different types of spray tan booths available in the market these days. Some are automatic while others come as a UV-free spray tan booth. However, almost all booths work similarly. Here are the things to look for when buying a spray tanning booth.
- Features. When buying spray tan booths, consider special features of each selection. It is best to get a booth that eliminates overspray, has adequate lighting, and has vent fans with removal filters. The latter must be highly considered because the filters work to clear the air quickly after each spray session.
- Material. It is also better to choose booths that are made of plastic panels than those metal ones. This is a good idea because plastic panels are a lot easier to clean.
- Power supply. The power requirements must also be checked. If you are from the United States, you better get 110V.
- Quality. It is important that you buy a quality booth so your business will not suffer from continuous maintenance.
- Spray nozzles. Different spray tanning booths come with different kinds of spray nozzles for various spray tanning requirements. It is best that you get a booth that will offer you multiple options so that you can cater to more groups of clients. The manufacturer or retailer must also give you a demonstration on how to use the spray nozzles to ensure that you can offer the best tan to clients.
- Tanning solution. What is the tanning solution being used by the spray tan booth? Some may use a bulk solution while others require individual safety sealed tanning solutions for each client. The first one is more affordable in the long run; however, the latter is more hygienic.
- Warranty. It is also a practical decision to look at the warranty. This is especially true if some parts of the booth are hard to replace.
Top Spray Tanning Booths in the Market
There are basically two leaders in the field of spray tanning booths in the market nowadays. They are Magic Tan and Mystic Tan. Here are the top spray tanning booths from these two giants:
- VersaSpa from Magic Tan. Features include mist-free tanning, self-cleaning, quick dry tanning session, quiet operation, infrared heater, and more. The infrared heater is a great feature as it opens the pores for better tanning results and warms the body for a luxurious tanning experience. Price: $29,990.
- Mystic HD. Its features include the Magnetan Technology, which attracts mist to every exposed surface of the skin, Airbrush technology, personal single use cartridge system, semi-transparent wall system, exhaust fan and filter system, voice automation, automated rinse. It offers Heat and Drying technology for a longer lasting tan and smooth and soft skin after each session. Price: $30,000.
Used Spray Tanning Booths For Sale
A lot of owners of tanning booths continue to upgrade their booths year after year. This is why a huge number of second-hand tanning booths are in the market these days. If you have a limited budget for this equipment, going for these used items is a good decision. Some booths that are normally priced more than $20,000 dollars can already be purchased from as low as $4,000 to $15,000 depending on what kind of booth is in the picture and how old it is already. Some of the common models of used spray tanning booths you will find for sale are:
- Mystic Tan Innovation MT3500. Features: dual solution system, 27 spray heads, three tanning levels, built-in mp3 player for customer instruction during tanning, and self-cleaning. Price range: $4,000 to $5,000.
- Magic Tan MT3000. This is Magic Tan’s very first spray tan booth introduced back in 2002. Its features include 36 spray heads, three levels of tanning, 54 second tanning cycle, and self-cleaning system. Price range: $4,000 to $5,000.
- Mystic Tan MyMyst. Features: Magnetan Technology, single-use mini tanning cartridges, two optional formulas, small booth design. Price range: $10,000 to $12,000.
- Magic Tan Innovation. Features: multiple tanning mist options, voice-guided instructions, and sensor operation. Price range: $10,000 to $11,000.
- Other options and brands of used spray tanning booths available in the market are Heartland Sun Spritz, ETS Sunless Express, Hollywood Tans, Summer Image, ProSun Omega Pro, and California Tan Autobronzer.
Where to Buy Tanning Booths
If you go for brand new spray tan booths, you can go directly to the manufacturer to make a purchase. Mystic Tan and Magic Tan have their very own websites where you can buy your choice of booths. You can find Mystic Tan at http://mystictan.com.au and Magic Tan at http://www.magictan.com.au.
On the other hand, if you rather choose used tanning booths, you can go to local salons near your area to check availability of booth sale. However, the Internet is still full of shops that offer second hand items. In fact, Magic Tan offers used products in their website, too.